Hey Night Owls!
My New (and Extensive) Interview with The Nerds of Color's ShoPowSho premiering today at 3AM (PDT) on YouTube.
Watch and chat live with other viewers here: https://youtu.be/mAcu8qaXp8o .
It's Filipino American History Month this October!
As we celebrate this occasion, let's get to know Fil-Am Hollywood actor and producer Edwin A. Santos, and take inspiration from his humble beginnings before his shot in the industry. Interview premieres at 10AM tomorrow, October 14 in the Philippines (October 13 at 7PM PST). Hosted by DJ Jerry! CLICK ON THE POSTER BELOW TO WATCH THE LIVE FEED.
Here is a preview of an upcoming interview Edwin will do with 89.5 Star FM Baguio - Philippines which aired nationwide in the Philippines earlier this morning..
The full interview will air LIVE on the station's official Facebook page next week. Please join us.
I was at KSCI-18 Studios this morning with Abe Pagtama and Gabe Pagtama in West Los Angeles for interview about our upcoming encore screening of Fil-Am Creations: A Filmmaker Movement tomorrow evening at Regency Theaters' Valley Plaza 6 in NoHo for Kat Iniba's new television show, Generation NOW. The interview aired later today on LA-18.
Join hostess Elle Latham and her guest Edwin A. Santos (Samurai Cop 2) in this long-awaited Oscar Edition episode of Super Awkward Funcast as they discuss Oscar-worthy films from Moonlight to Captain Fantastic, The Young Pope, the Grammys and more! Your Academy Awards rundown before this Sunday's live event!
To listen to the show, click the link here: http://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-hneux-67cfe9 Or, you can activate the podcast player above.
You can also listen to it on iTunes here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-16-academy-awards-edition/id672079467?i=1000381367198&mt=2
Watch my interview discussing about my career, creative life as well as tips and advice to millennials when working in the entertainment industry with Alexia Anastasio at Sqeegee here: https://sqeeqee.com/streaming/history/uOTIkUQCPvfWImAD
SAMURAI COP 2: DEADLY VENGEANCE opened in Los Angeles at Laemmle NoHo 7 Cinemas; Friday, October 9, 2015 with a 7:20pm Premiere with Cast and Crew Q&A. It garnered the following screening to another sell out crowd.
And, at the Martial Arts History Museum, the Cast & Crew made a Special Appearance for the Unveiling of the Flying Guillotine and Celebration of Bai Ling's Birthday; Saturday, October 10, 2015 before heading out to another sold-out evening screening of the film at the theater.
FilAm Creative Hosts Edwin's Hollywood Actors Panel for Actors; Saturday, September 19, 12:00pm at the Clubhouse
SEATING IS LIMITED!! PLEASE RSVP at: email@example.com **
Created and produced by Edwin A. Santos, FilAm Creative hosts the Hollywood Actors Panel for Actors -- a panel discussion and networking event featuring our special industry guest panelists who represent the craft of acting across the board.
Hear the panelists discuss about their explorations of the process and profession of acting; their reflections on personal experiences and artistic influences that informed and shaped their careers; their discussions of past and current projects and share valuable insights into the craft and the industry.
Get a chance to ask the panelists questions, learn about open opportunities, and build your network.
INDUSTRY PANELISTS INCLUDE:
- Billy DaMota (casting director, CSA). He has cast more than a hundred of films, TV shows, plays, music vides, commercials, "God's Not Dead," "America's Most Wanted," "Above The Law."
- Janet Tscha (talent agent at Arlene Thornton & Associates). She is also Head of the On-Camera Department. She loves working with performers and takes pride in seeing her clients in the media everyday.
- Tess Paras (actress / writer) known for her viral videos “Typecast” and “What If Catcalls Were Cheeseburgers?” She is currently recurring on The Disney Channel's "Girl Meets World" and most recognized for her role as “Dana Tomas” on NBC’s hit drama, "Grimm" - introducing the first Filipino-American storyline on primetime television.
- Eugene Cordero (actor / comedian) who teaches long-form improv at the Upright Citizens Brigade in Los Angeles. He regularly performs as a member of THE SMOKES - every Monday night - as well in Toledo Rep and ASSSSCAT at UCB, too. He has appeared in various films and television shows including "Kings of Summer," "Drunk History," "Kroll Show," and "Silicon Valley." He currently plays Officer Michael Newman in Paul Feig's Yahoo Screen original show, "Other Space."
The panel will be moderated by Edward J. Mallillin (co-founder of FilAm Creative and serves on its Board of Directors. His credits include "Brown Soup Thing" [writer/director] and "Flipped Switch" [host/producer]. An outspoken advocate for education, he is the creator of "Rumor on the Playground," a multimedia assignment).
Saturday, September 19, 2015
From 12pm to 2pm
THE CLUBHOUSE IMPROV
1607 North Vermont Avenue
Los Angeles, CA. 90027
* (between Hollywood & Sunset, inside and next door, right of Jons Marketplace. Free parking available inside the Jons Marketplace parking lot).
FREE ADMISSION -- but donations welcome!
FilAm Creative (FAC) is an all volunteer community organization dedicated to the advancement of Filipino-Americans in entertainment and media.
Newsletter subscription: firstname.lastname@example.org
Listen To Edwin's 1st Guest Spot On "Topless Robot Live!" Podcast Show: D23 Reactions, Roddy Piper, Tommy Wiseau and Samurai Cop 2
This past Sunday, Edwin A. Santos did a guest spot on Episode #13 on the podcast show, The Robot's Voice (formerly Topless Robot Live!). Along with TR Editor-In-Chief, Luke Y. Thompson and his cohost & actress-wife, Julia Boyd (Shameless, No Regrets), he talks about the upcoming cult sequel Samurai Cop 2 including working with Tommy Wiseau, the death of Roddy Piper and their reactions to the D23 Disney Expo announcements.
To listen to the show, click the link here: http://bit.ly/1ED4qir