Filipino American Chamber of Commerce of Hollywood presents the 9th Filipino Hollywood Actors Panel, virtually.
RSVP HERE - https://www.facebook.com/events/3201508483439870/
A panel discussion and networking event featuring our special guest industry panelists who represent the craft of acting across the board while shining a spotlight on Filipino talent in Hollywood today.
Hear our panelists discuss about their explorations of the process and profession of acting; their reflections on personal experiences and artistic influences that informed and shaped their careers; their discussions of past and current projects and share valuable insights into the craft and the industry.
Get a chance to ask our panelists questions, learn about open opportunities, and build your network.
2021 INDUSTRY GUEST PANELISTS INCLUDE:
- MELODY BUTIU will play Tita Yvonne in the upcoming film, "Easter Sunday," starring Jo Koy, in theaters starting August 5th.
She has appeared in plays and musicals across the country, including on Broadway in Doctor Zhivago and Off-Broadway in David Byrne’s Here Lies Love at The Public Theater (Lucille Lortel Award nomination for Best Featured Actress in a Musical). Regional theatre appearances include: Theatre Under the Stars, Geva Theatre Center, Arena Stage, The REV Theatre Company, Denver Center for Performing Arts, South Coast Repertory, Wallis Annenberg Center, Huntington Theatre, Geffen Playhouse, A.C.T. (San Francisco), Seattle Rep, Getty Villa, San Diego Rep, Actors Theatre of Louisville, Kirk Douglas Theatre, East West Players, Gate Theater (Thailand), Singapore Rep, Playwrights Arena, Perseverance Theatre, and La Jolla Playhouse.
Melody’s other TV/Film credits include "Call Me Kat," "Mom," "This Is Us," "The Kominsky Method," "NCIS:LA," "Kingdom," "Rizzoli & Isles," "Major Crimes," "Gotham," "NCIS," "True Blood," "Swearing," "The Patients," and "Untold: This is My Story."
- CAROLYN FE is a late-blooming Filipina-Canadian, award winning tri-lingual Actress (English/French/Tagalog), an award winning Singer-Songwriter-Lyricist and a former contemporary Dancer-Choreographer.
At an age when her peers have long established themselves or are thinking of retiring, Carolyn’s continuous pursuit of artistic evolution adds new instruments to her creative portfolio as a Writer and Playwright. She is currently in two residencies developing plays; one about reincarnation and another one based on a horror short story she wrote.
Some TV/streaming credits include Lola (Grandma) in the Nickelodeon children’s show “Blue’s Clues & You!” and Madame Z in the award winning French series “Meilleur Avant”. Some Theatre credits include: Calpurnia (Nightwood/Sulong), Hilot Means Healer (Cahoots), Through the Bamboo (Uwi Collective), and Three Women of Swatow (Tarragon).
- MARTHA MILLAN is an Australian Filipino raised in Sydney. She was recently seen in the feature film "The Drummer'', with Danny Glover, and prior to that, on the network anthology series "Two Sentence Horror Stories" and the premium cable series "Succession."
Enthralled after doing her first play in high school, Millan studied at The University of Sydney and then New York City, where she graduated from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts.
She made her daytime television debut on the soap opera "As The World Turns." She was also seen on "Strong Medicine and in a memorable role on "Third Watch." Additional TV credits include "Madam Secretary," "The OA," "Entourage," and "S.I.S.," as well as the "Law & Order franchise, including "Law & Order: Criminal Intent," "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" and "Law & Order."
On film, she appeared in "My Dead Boyfriend," opposite Heather Graham. Other film credits include "The Great New Wonderful," opposite Maggie Gyllenhaal and Jim Parsons, and "Falling For Grace."
While appearing in many national and international commercials, Millan also has modeled extensively throughout the United States and the world as one of the worldwide faces of Clairol Natural Instincts and the face of Nooch, a restaurant in New York City.
- EDWARD J. MALLILLIN (moderator) is a professional storyteller and educational advocate. He is the writer/director of the acclaimed feature film "Brown Soup Thing," as well as producer & host for the web series "Flipped Switch" and series/podcast 'Rise & Shine.' He is an active member in the Education and Asian-American communities, serving on the Board of Directors for FilAm Creative, an organization he co-founded, as well working with schools in the improvement and implementation of STEM-related curriculum for students in underserved communities, and creating content through his blog. His next project, "Rumor on the Playground," is an in-depth comedic look at what's wrong with schools.
DATE / TIME / LOCATION:
Saturday, June 11, 2022
From 2:00pm to 4:00pm (PDT)
FOLLOW FILIPINO HOLLYWOOD ACTORS PANEL:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ActorsPanel
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Filipino-Hollywood-Actors-Panel-109109567460335/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/filipinohollywood/
Please use the hashtags: #FilipinoHollywoodActorsPanel as well as #FACCHO or #FACCHollywood.
The Filipino American Chamber of Commerce of Hollywood's (FACCHO) mission is to unite and empower creative Filipino American professionals and businesses in the Entertainment Industry towards mainstream influence and exposure. Their vision is to bridge professional careers and businesses through facilitating networks and resources, opening opportunities, and promoting collaborations. All this within our Core Values: Engagement, Inclusion, Integrity, Professionalism and Transparency.
SUBSCRIBE, FOLLOW, LIKE & BOOKMARK:
Official Site: https://www.facchollywood.org